Senior Telecommunications Engineer
We have a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and passionate Senior Communications Engineer to join our growing company based in Macclesfield, Cheshire.
This is an interesting and varied role, involving field based installation and support, together with some office based Technical Support responsibilities. For the right candidate, the role has excellent career development and prospects with both in-house and external training provided.
We are a dynamic and expanding communications company working from modern offices. We offer a relaxed working atmosphere, whilst also being focused on our client’s needs. You must be able to work to demanding timescales. You will be working closely with clients and service providers daily, so therefore must be polite and can express yourself well, both vocally and written.
Key duties will be:
- Installing, supporting and maintaining Avaya IP Office, Gamma Horizon hosted telephony, LAN/WAN equipment.
- Troubleshooting, and, if necessary, escalation of problems and incidents to both our internal 3rd line engineering team and 3rd party suppliers
- Ability to work with 1308 Voice cabling and install Cat5 cabling.
Essential Requirements for the role:
- 5+ years’ experience of Installing and Supporting both on premise (Avaya IP Office) and hosted PBX systems.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of IP networking, VoIP, switches and routers.
- Strong working knowledge of SIP trunk installation.
- Troubleshooting and diagnostics ability.
- Familiarity with techniques for remote support
- Flexibility to work overtime as and when required.
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Keen to learn new technologies.
- Ambitious to progress in the communications industry.
- Working with Gamma Portfolio Products.
Salary: £30k-40k Depending on experience
Benefits: Company Car, Pension
Call now on 01625 665900